MYSTERY OF THE DEAD MAN'S CHEST

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com These are the tales of the brave and foolish Souls that ventured into the treacherous dark Lemurian Waterways aboard the Mysterious Buccaneer Ship The Calabar Felonway as they search for the infamous Dead Man's Chest

Monday, June 19, 2006

Riding with Neptune

I leaped at the chance to ride with Neptune and jumped aboard wearing my special glasses and clutching my tiny anchor in my hand. The moonlight shimmered on the ocean's surface as Neptune's steed dove through the white light into the depths. I expected darkness and found brillance.

Seahorses danced and star fish floated through the water while multicolored fish swam among them waving their tails. I watched enthralled with the ballet on this stage. Dipping deeper, the brillance muted to soft moonlight and the fantastical creatures emerged from the gloom. Winged shapes and nebulous blobs drifted by. Amorphous forms rearranged themselves as I clung to Neptune's steed awed by the sights.

Deeper I went, the light fading as I was taken through a shadowy entry and emerged in a cone with sparkling luminescent colors radiating from the walls. The colors moved, fading or intensifying, a continuous movie of shades and tones. This fantastical world enchanted me, clutching me, drawing me toward the narrowing end. What would I find as I funneled inward? What danger lurked?

Fear gripped me. I shut my eyes and ripped off my glasses. When I dared to look, I had returned to the ocean surface. I returned to the ship feeling I had narrowly escaped an unseen menace.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Your description made me remember a trip to an aquarium where we walked into one of the circular tanks and were surrounded by tropical fish! Amazing.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Yes, this was like actually being there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home