MYSTERY OF THE DEAD MAN'S CHEST

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com These are the tales of the brave and foolish Souls that ventured into the treacherous dark Lemurian Waterways aboard the Mysterious Buccaneer Ship The Calabar Felonway as they search for the infamous Dead Man's Chest

Friday, June 16, 2006

Heeding Neptune's Call

With a roar that was beyond hearing and would have put Niagara and Iguasu to shame, the sea horses of Neptune came riding through the night. Our fair Calabar Felonway rocked and pitched as if caught in a gale. Pirates and passengers clung for dear life to whatever was anchored down, too afraid to be sick and terrified the ship would splinter apart. Some surely must have believed they would die.

"It's you, he's come for!" Captain Wilder shouted as I sped past her up the passageway to head topside.

I stopped for the briefest moment to face her--"You hear it, too?"

"Aye, he's calling yer name! Go, hurry, he waits for no one. I'll be right behind, ya, this I've got to see!"

Up on deck, a full moon gleamed down on our ship, which still rocked violently. Stars seemed to explode in a Van Gogh sky and I saw a sight which will remain
with me until the day I die. A team of giant horses in shades of aquamarine and cobalt blue snorted and pawed the foam crested waves churned up by their arrival. At the center, a bigger than life bearded man, trident raised high, reigned in his steeds and boomed in a voice like thunder.

"Believer! Come, greet your King. Loyal Shellback, Traveler of my realm, Sailor of the good ships, Santa Maria and Magdalena, Brasil and Argentina, you have been missed! Welcome back!"

I slipped and slid my way to the rail fully prepared to leap overboard, only to see an iridescent wave of sea foam emanating from Neptune's outstretched arms and heading straight towards me. It lifted me up and deposited me on the king's lap as gently and lovingly as a grandfather swings around his favorite grandchild. Seated in front of the great king, my fingers entwined in the horses mane I thrilled at the power of the team as they surged up and over the sails of the Calabar Felonway.

"Bon voyage!" I heard Captain Wilder cheer above the roar of horses and waves as we galloped into the night.

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Barbara! Wow, this needs to be in Amazing Technicolor...all that's missing is a big bucket of popcorn and a box of Junior Mints to complete the experience
Anita Marie

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

This is a well spun yarn, my dear. I can't wait to see where this tale goes...... :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Thanks, Anita and Lori! Woohoo, it was fun! I am dying to continue.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

WOW is all I can say!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow indeed! I am not surprised that the Captain cheered and supported this adventure. I cannot wait to hear what happens next Barbara.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home